Now that you have decided to switch banks and join Colonial American Bank, we would like to make it as easy as possible for you to complete the process!
Click here to download our Switch Kit with necessay forms and follow the steps below.
- To open an account, visit your closest branch location.
- Stop writing checks on your existing account and allow all of your outstanding checks to clear.
- Transfer your direct deposit to your new Colonial American Bank account. You will need to provide some basic information (including the bank routing number and account number, both of which are located at the bottom of your check).
- Move your automatic payments that are being debited from your existing account over to your CAB account. You can either use (the Automatic Payment/Deposit Switch Form) to notify these companies of the change. Print, complete, and send one form to every company making an automatic payment/deposit to your account.
- Once these steps have been completed and transfers have been successfuly transferred, you are now ready to close out your account. Save yourself a trip to the bank! Print, complete, and send our (Account Closing Form) to your bank, and the funds will be sent directly to us for deposit into your new Colonial Amercian Bank Account.
- Whether you had Bill Pay Service with your previous checking account and would like to transfer your service to Colonial American Bank, or you are interested in starting a Bill Pay Account, our Bill Pay Service is FREE with any of our checking accounts! We would be happy to assist you with the transfer and/or set up for Bill Pay Service. You can either complete our Automatic Payment Checklist and complete the Bill Pay Service registration, or bring in your completed Checklist and we will be happy to assist you with your set-up.